Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wedding Fitness Week 5 | "Funtimes!" (again, faster)

So, I basically took last week off. I think it's really important to rest if you really feel like resting, and to workout if you feel like working out. Being bound to a particular schedule can take the fun out of fitness, which is about challenging yourself....not turning into a robot.

Today I got to workout at the Chongqing Sports College.  I was invited by a sprinter I met the a couple months ago at the Indian restaurant near my apartment. The dude is fast. Wicked fast. Unofficial 100m at 10.38 fast. His name is alpha, and he's been the fastest 100m dash runner in china for the last 5 years in his age group.

The College is awesome. Best fitness facility I've seen in China so far. So we kicked it up and did the benchmark "Funtimes!" workout I created. If you don't remember, it's: 

150 bar facing burpees
50 power cleans @ 185
AMRAP (as many reps as possible) in 20

Alex/ 220



No comments:

Post a Comment